Blood Parrot!

Ohhhhh, i dont really no why it would be stressed. It hasnt eaten for a couple day's, and i dont know why. It used to come right up adn vigorously eat and everything, but now, it just sit's by the bottom.

Ohhhhh, i dont really no why it would be stressed. It hasnt eaten for a couple day's, and i dont know why. It used to come right up adn vigorously eat and everything, but now, it just sit's by the bottom.

Check your water parameters. If I get behind on a water change, my BP will develop a black spot between his eyes(on his head). :blush:

BobRoss

Right now he is bright orange. I did notice one thing though, him and my angel are going at it! They are flying around the tank attacking eachother at this minute! Should i remove the gigantic angel, or the tiny blood parrot? HELP!!!!!!!!!

Right now he is bright orange. I did notice one thing though, him and my angel are going at it! They are flying around the tank attacking eachother at this minute! Should i remove the gigantic angel, or the tiny blood parrot? HELP!!!!!!!!!

Unless you see any damage let them go at it, if it doesn't stop in 2-3 hours though, I would remove the bully.

I havent seen anyu damage, and no more fight's. Do you think it is a territory issue, or do i have a bully? They still flare a little bit, but no more than that. I just dont want to have a dead fish!

Let them sort it out, my pearsei and parrots always have the occasional sqaubble in the evening, its amazing how the 3 work together with my big white/orange parrot mouth locking while others head but him, he goes of after about 20 mins haha.It really wants there territory.

If it gets serious seperate them.Its not going to be like having red devils and wolf cichlids together where one might turn and rip the other apart over night, they should sort it out.

How bigs the tank again?

30 U.S. Gallon's. I will remove the parrot once it get's too big. He hasnt really grown too much since i bought him. I will probably move him late feburary to early march by the way he is growing.

He should be growing really fast.What kind of maintenance regime do you have?

30 U.S. Gallon's. I will remove the parrot once it get's too big. He hasnt really grown too much since i bought him. I will probably move him late feburary to early march by the way he is growing.
I would of thought such a young one would grow an inch a month.

I do water change' susually every week to 2 week's depending if i have motivation, or if the tnak look's dirty, or if it has been a while since the last one. It is possible that he is growing a inch a month, but i dont notice it, since i watch the tank everyday. But he is certantly bigger than when i bought him!

I don't mean to hijack or anything -_- but someone said they fed cucumber?! What else can you feed Parrots? Geez, I'm learning so much here :lol:

You can feed them about any veggtable, pm if you wan tto know more about feeding them other food's.

ok, he will need a 50g when he gets to be his full grown 8-10", but he should be fine for a while. feed him a staple diet of a good quality pellet, my personal favorites are NLS, and Omega One. i like to feed frozen mysis shrimp twice a week, not to often becuz of the protein content, very high. with cichlids, i usually recommend a water change schedule of about 50% weekly. my personal parrotfish is a huge bully.

I feed Omega One Freshwater Flake's, O.S.I. Blood Parrot Pellet's, NutraFin Max for Livebearer's, O.S.I. Vivid Color, and O.S.I. Angelfish Flake to this particular tank. He dosent ever seem interested in the pellet's anymore, he only goes for the flake!!!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back