bloated goldfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

net1001

Reaction score
hey,
we have a few goldfish in our pond who are looking like they are inflated. they are so big, that their scales are fanning out, their eyes are bulging out, and they are cloudy.

wats up w/these fish??

I'm sorry but it sounds like dropsy, which is usually incurable. :( Be prepared that your fish might not make it. It's an internal infection and antibiotics probably won't help at all. It's not highly contagious, but I recommend you test your water quality and improve it ASAP.

Is the filtration good? As its dropsy, i would say to net the infected fish out and destroy them.
Do lots of large water changes over the coming weeks.

can you give statistics of your pond, how many fish, what you do regarding maintenance, how long has it been going, and have you tested for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph recently?

I say Dropsy here too! We lost a guppy with it and despite treating her in a quarantine tank she just gave up.

You must separate the poorly ones from the others.I understand it's hard to treat so good luck.

Jus to add the nail in the coffin, I would also say dropsy. Sorry to hear it.

Same as the rest of the poster have said once pinconing of the scales that's the last stage of the desease, so there is no cure as it's organ failure, remove the fish with dropsy as if a fish eat on the dead body they will get the desease all so.

Most reactions

trending

Back