bleeding from gills

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

black angel

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
my angel has always found it difficult to eat flakes since recieving an injury to his jaw a while ago.
today as i was feeding them he went absolutely nuts and started shaking his head when trying to eat some bloodworm i gave to him. whilst watching something flew out his mouth. it looked like a piece of bone with a red edge to it but it was sort of scale shaped and almost white but another fish ate it!, there was blood coming from his right gill. i dont know what to do, please can some one help!!

It wasn't a peice of bone from his jaw was it, just keep an eye on the fish can't really help you out on this one, as the gill area stop bleeding now, that probably was that he bled and it came through the gills like foods does.

thanks wilder. the bleeding has stopped but he is sitting at the end of the filter stream letting the current go over his mouth. i dont know if it was bone or not, could have been some cartilage but either way it must have hurt. i considered a salt bath but that might stress him out even more.
will see if he can eat later. poor thing! :-(

Don't mean to dishearten you but I don't hold out much hope for the poor guy.good luck anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back