Black phantom tetras

Lamie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have 8 tetras in a 70 litre tank. I have java fern and floating plants. Two male tetras were chasing a female around. I have only 8 when I used to have 10. They are also flitting around the tank super fast. I remember that I was supposed to look out for aggression. I have been syphoning the salt out of the water. Would it be good to get some more tetras now?

I have 8 tetras in a 70 litre tank. I have java fern and floating plants. Two male tetras were chasing a female around. I have only 8 when I used to have 10. They are also flitting around the tank super fast. I remember that I was supposed to look out for aggression. I have been syphoning the salt out of the water. Would it be good to get some more tetras now?
Where did the other 2 go?

It's very frustrating when the filter doesn't go when I turn it off and turn it on again

Do not add any new fish for at least 1 month after you lose one. And get the salt out before adding more fish.

Post a video of the fish, they might be breeding.
upload videos to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here

Do not add any new fish for at least 1 month after you lose one. And get the salt out before adding more fish.

Oh yeah I forgot. Sure I'll post a video thank you

I'll just keep diluting the salt out. I missed a water change yesterday. Tetras are doing great. I hope the salt level is acceptable. It hasn't been 4 weeks. I'm so hot and sweating it's unbearable. I can't do a water change now. Hope I can later if I'm not too tired.

Hot and sweaty? Why, come for a vacation in Canada!

Eight phantoms will be as good as 10. The numbers are a bit arbitrary. I suspect that as you dilute the salt in the tank, the tetras are getting happier. Salt is an alien chemical to fish from where Black Phantom tetras evolved. It is a useful medication if used correctly, but it's not generally good for fish from the interior of South America. As you gradually remove the salt, you are improving their water quality. Add what looks like solid warmth to the equation, and a lot of South American fish will spawn.

Oh that's great. 8 is ok! They haven't spawned yet but that would be really cool. I'm diluting the salt out.

Just a dominant male showing off to the others saying that is his territory.

Most reactions

trending

Back