Biorb

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stephaphonic

Reaction score
i'm new to fish keeping and have a 60l biorb which i want to go tropical with. i only want to keep male guppies, unless anyone can suggest any other small fish that are suitable with guppies. i wondered if i can change the ceramic media as this is quite sharp and repalce it with something else, if so what else can i use? will i need some form of algae eater as i think biorbs are unsuitable for these? and does anyone know of an algae eater that is not a type of cat fish?

I take it that the ceramic you are referring to is the stuff you would scatter on the bottom of the tank. If so, you can replace it with any of the gravels that your fish store carries except the stuff that is intended for salt water. The substarte intended for salt water will cause your pH to go up because its usually rich in shell materials. If you want a small algae eater that works well with guppies, you could try otocinclus. They are not suitable for a new tank but once its well established they are nice little guys with an appetite for algae. To a much lesser extent, the guppies will do some to help with algae too.

I've been told that the ceramic media should not be replaced because it is an integral part of the filtration system, but I'd love to hear someone who's an expert on the subject definitively reply to this!

I noticed at the LFS that they had Indian Glass Fish in with the guppies - a nice combination, and I wonder if anyone else might have a comment regarding the suitability of these two species.

i'm new to fish keeping and have a 60l biorb which i want to go tropical with. i only want to keep male guppies, unless anyone can suggest any other small fish that are suitable with guppies. i wondered if i can change the ceramic media as this is quite sharp and repalce it with something else, if so what else can i use? will i need some form of algae eater as i think biorbs are unsuitable for these? and does anyone know of an algae eater that is not a type of cat fish?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back