Biorb 106 Marine

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Marty8219

Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hello people.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]New to the forum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I was looking for some help. I'm new to Marine fish and especially smaller tanks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I'm putting in a new office in my home and love the look of the larger biorbs (106).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]ARE THEY ANY GOOD :-D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I've read so many threads on so many sites with mixed views.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]What I'm looking to do is have two of them (Marine) lightly stocked with live rock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]For example say I had a BiOrb 106 with about 40lb of cured live rock with two clowns in and a few other small inhabitants (couple of small crabs or shrimp.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Would the take hold life well and decently? I don't want to be cruel; my daughter would make my life hell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sorry if these are bad questions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Regards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Marty[/SIZE]

I have a biorb 105 freshwater. I think its great! But not for saltwater. i think that most saltwater fish need about a 200 liter minimum. Some invertebrates and very small saltwater fish could work well.

I'd love two Clown fish and maybe a couple of cleaning shrimp.
I'd feel a bit horrible just putting one in there, even though I've read they are fine on their own.

It would really look good and as long as the fish are happy I would be.

Cheers for the help.
I just don't want to try with good chance of killing the fish.

Marty

TallTree01 said:
105 liters. lol

The number listed was 106, for which I couldn't find any information quickly. 

You can keep fish in tanks i the 100L range, just not very many. Many peope start with that size tank, although bigger is easier. Nano fish include the smaller clown species (i.e. not tomatoes or maroons), as well as many gobies and blennies. Some cardinals also do well since they're not big simmers.

You will want to keep tank incredibly basic, not too much liverock really or crud will really build up and the biorb filters are just not very good and with that design, you cant change filter or add skimmer.

It would be more than possibly to keep a pair of common or black clowns (percs or ocellaris)  and a cleaner shrimp. Heard few people keeping them marine, in the end, they mostly stuck with plastic plants etc for decor as liverock was messy and scratched the tank...

Bioibs are 28 gallons that's more than enough to keep saltwater fish as long as you get good flow you'll be fine I'd add a sump too there are people keeping fish in tanks 3x smaller there even are people keeping acropora in tanks under a gallon
Edit you could even add some light and put coral in the tank

there are people keeping fish in tanks 3x smaller

In successful tanks, these will be particular fish that are suited to small spaces (such as the smaller gobies and fish that don't swim a lot). A lot of people also put other marine fish in inappropriately small tanks, such as keeping tangs in nanos and clowns in picos. Just because there's an example of someone doing something doesn't make it a good idea. 

there even are people keeping acropora in tanks under a gallon

Tanks in this size-range are the most difficult to care for and keep thriving over a long period of time. Many don't last more than a few months without either a disaster or the owner realizing that an upgrade is in order.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back