Big Wallsticker

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So I'm working on another wallsticker for our living room. Only just have a little bit of it done.
Having to do it in sections b/c the design is too big to fit on the paper all at once, plus I want to use up as much of the paper as possible. No waste and all that since this stuff isn't exactly cheap lol.

Items used to make it...
Sketched first in my sketch book, cut out some stencils on card grade printer paper for certain patterns that are repeated, and am using white contact paper for the actual sticker.

Alrighty, so first up... Here is the sketch I came up with. It's not going to look exactly like this, but close. I don't think it's going to look so cluttered though.. I went a bit crazy with that heh
wallsketch.jpg

And here is what I've done so far...... Looking at the photo of it... I think I might actually have to lower it some..... *SOBS*
stick2.jpg

Far away shot of the entire wall.... ((i'm watching The Rocker just.. fyi lol))
stick1.jpg

Alrighty, did a little bit more last night before heading to bed.
I'm gonna have to use a ladder to get up there.
Decided not to move it b/c honestly, it would've been a pain in the butt and I didn't want to lol.
So just gonna start curving it a bit more and probably make the horizontal parts swoop downwards a bit more

stick3.jpg

Very cool, looking forward to seeing more. :good:

Alrighty, so did a little bit more. Probably should have more done, but some of it didn't go the way I wanted and was frustrating me and just sapped my energy in this little project.

Anywho... photos heh

Just a photo of the sketch on the back of the contact paper. Have to do it mirrored from how I actually want it.
This particular piece is the part that frustrated me. For some reason it didn't stick right on the wall so everything was just off and looked bleh.
sticker6.jpg

What I have so far. Just did the upper most part today.. still needs something, but not sure what. As you can see, it's different from the sketch in the first post... just can't do it the same since I have to do it in section.
Full wall shot
sticker5.jpg

Closeup
sticker7.jpg

I think it's beautiful amunet, I wish I was that talented and creative. Perhaps you could continue it in a large arch and then hang a neat photograph or piece of art under it. If you got or created a piece of art that was similar to your design you could have a cool multi-dimensional art installation.

dthoffsett- I suggested that to my husband when he said he wanted to hang up some photos. Like glue the photos to the wall, and then create a frame for it w/ the wallstickers, but he just gave me a look so.. yeah, not gonna happen I guess lol.

mixmaster- Easy to have the patience when you're enjoying what you're doing :) Of course I lost it a few times when certain pieces were frustrating me lol, but it's all good :)

Alrighty, so 3 new photos of what I've done so far. Since I got rid of the lower branch in the original sketch, it's not looking the same. Good thing about a design like this though is that it's very easy to add on to, so if I want to add it later, there shouldn't be too much problem.
The new stuff was done in the past few days. In a bit of a hurry atm b/c I want to finish it by Saturday, hopefully tomorrow night though.

wall1a.jpg

wall2a.jpg

wall3a.jpg

WOW! :drool: I love it, too bad hubby doesn't "get" the art installation idea, though it's beautiful on it's own. :nod:

Okedoke, so I finished it last Friday and have just been lazy in posting it lol.

First up, photos of before it was finished.... I really only added a little bit more.. which you'll see next heh
walls1.jpg

And the finished product.. at least for now. I might want to tweak it a bit down the road.
walls2.jpg

Close-ups... that are a bit skewed b/c it's high up and I'm short lol
walls3.jpg

walls4.jpg

There's still a lot of wall that needs to be covered, so I may add on to it. I already have an idea, so.. we'll see what happens :)

EDIT: Alrighty, pulled out the step ladder to take a better photo of it heh...
wallsticker1a.jpg

Most reactions

Back