Betta with white fuzz growing on his fins

gingerbread27

Reaction score
HELP!!! male betta has a white fuzz growing on his fins and I am not sure what it is. It is my sister in laws and when i fed him this morning he was fine and then this evening she was doing water change and found the fuzz. :eek: I have just this moment noticed it in my prized opaque crowntails tank also, but not on him I am going to do a complete water change in all betta tanks immediately. I hope to get some replies fast as I will be back after water changes.

If it's "fluffy" it is probably a type of fungus. You need to treat it immediately - complete water changes is a good idea, keep doing large wc's for the next week or so. I'd also suggest adding aquarium salt, and some fugus medication if you have it (Bettamax, Aquarisol...). Good luck!n

Thanks for the info, I did complete water changes immediately after finding it and I am going to add salt in a few minutes. I cant get either of those medications here in Oklahoma, is there anything else I can use?

You can also simple use amoxicillin tablets or you may have them at your house as trimox. Also tetracyclen and other antibotics will help.

Most reactions

Back