Betta With Dropsy And Bleeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phoenixbaby

Motorbike Riding Tattooed fish freak
Reaction score
one of my females has dropsy really bad, and ivebeen treating with epsom salts and anti internal

shes not got any better, and one side she is bleeding, and looks like her body is eating away at itself

im not sure whether to continue treating her or euthanise her, plz help

If her scales stick out its organ failure and they rarely make it once this happens.
The bleeding if its beneath the skin is h septicemia.

heres a pic

Photo-0032.jpg

She in a bad way you can get flesh eating bacteria.

be honest, does she have a chance? because if she does i will try and isolate her (am in process of moving and no spare tank here)

ive been treating for 2 days, the others are all fine, but she wasnt like that yesterday, this has happened over nite

do i treat her, or euthanise her? :-(

If her scales are not sticking out is worth a try if you can issolate her.
Once septicemia advanced it hard to treat in the uk with are local fish shop meds.

they are sticking out badly, it also looks her scales have come off if that makes sense, looks very fleshy

If you think she in a very bad way I would end her misery to be honest.
You need to get her out of the tank as septicemia can pass onto the other fish.
I would do a water change on the tank aswell.

she is, she looks worse than in the pic and shes floating in circles, ok so im gonna net her out now :-( poor girlie

Is she turning upside down as thats a sign there dying.
I think she to far gone to save to be honest.

no but her breathing is very shallow, and looking at her from above, its eaten away at her completely

i cant bring myself to put her in the ice and water, im sat her with her in a cup :-(

i feel so bad, shes just in circles round and round

Clove Oil may help here. Add about 2 cap fulls to the cup and she will pass into unconciousness before she stops breething. It is one of the most humane ways of doing things and no distress is shown, thus it is easier for us keepers to do :nod:

All the best and sorry for your loss
Rabbut

Add some ice cubes till its freezing cold it shouldn't take longer than 30 seconds, but leave her a while to make sure she passed on.
A jug would be better than a cup.
R.I.P. Little sweet heart so sorry.

she was in a massive mug, with freezing water and ice cubes from the fridge

she was in the for 5mins to make sure

poor lass :( xxx

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back