Betta Sorority in 40g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Anthony1993

Reaction score
waa thinking of starting a betta sorority in my 40g? What are everyone’s suggestions? I was thinking maybe adding a school of cardinal tetras? Or some Pygmy corydoras?

Yes a heavily planted 40 gallon would be perfect. I have 5 girls in a 100 gallon tank. The one in my signature.

Can you post a photo of the tank please?

The bigger the better. Live plants are a must IMO. I've got an endlessly changing number of females in a 29gal as it is also being used as a grow-out for a batch of betta fry.

I would personally only do bottom dwellers with bettas. Fish like kuhli loaches, bristle nose plecos, cherry shrimp (established colonies mean endless shrimp cocktails for the bettas), snails, and maybe corydoras. The problem with corydoras is they are very active and nocturnal (loaches are too but less so). I did at one time have some corries with my girls but when I was observing the tank at lights out I noticed the corries would swim about looking for food, bumping into the sleeping bettas and causing them to freak out.

waa thinking of starting a betta sorority in my 40g? What are everyone’s suggestions? I was thinking maybe adding a school of cardinal tetras? Or some Pygmy corydoras?
I'd say go for it, but as always, keep a backup plan.

Most reactions

Back