Betta issue

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Levi9621

Reaction score
Hello :) I'm not sure whats wrong with my betta, he looks like he has a pulled scales of the top of his head, like when we fall over and get a graze, it's kind of like that, I'll upload some photos too, any idea would be really appreciated thank you

Theres 3 photos, the 3rd photo with the bright giant green plant behind him is when he is normal, smooth one coloured skin, now the 1st and 2nd photo he has a pink patch where scales are gone

Attachments

• 20210331_161241.jpg
    20210331_161241.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 79
  • 20210331_161243.jpg
    20210331_161243.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20210331-161516_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210331-161516_Gallery.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 73
Hello :) I'm not sure whats wrong with my betta, he looks like he has a pulled scales of the top of his head, like when we fall over and get a graze, it's kind of like that, I'll upload some photos too, any idea would be really appreciated thank you

Theres 3 photos, the 3rd photo with the bright giant green plant behind him is when he is normal, smooth one coloured skin, now the 1st and 2nd photo he has a pink patch where scales are gone
mightve scratched himself on a rock? or heater burn? salt might help but i don't know much about anabantoids...

It looks like he scraped the scales off on something. Do you have any sharp objects in the tank? Anything that he might have gotten stuck in?
The scales should grow back over time. Just keep an eye on the wound and make sure it's not getting infected. Keep the water especially clean. You can also add a little aquarium salt to the tank, though it's not necessary.

Thank you both! He tends to sleep in the plants at the back of the tank and squish himself in (he's a funny fish) probably caught himself trying to get into the corner or something! Thank you! I'll be sure to keep an eye on him and my water is always clean clean :)

Thank you both! He tends to sleep in the plants at the back of the tank and squish himself in (he's a funny fish) probably caught himself trying to get into the corner or something! Thank you! I'll be sure to keep an eye on him and my water is always clean clean :)
if theres any signs of bacteria, do salt

Your betta has fin rot. I would recommend 50% water changes, daily and cleaning the gravel as you do so. Add aquarium salt to the fresh water, 1 TBS to 5 Gallons of water. Replenish the salt removed when water changing ( half a tablespoon)

Your betta has fin rot. I would recommend 50% water changes, daily and cleaning the gravel as you do so. Add aquarium salt to the fresh water, 1 TBS to 5 Gallons of water. Replenish the salt removed when water changing ( half a tablespoon)
Where abouts are you looking?:) are you on about the white'ish on his fins?.. that's his colours, I thought he was a dead fish when I first seen him, he is a proper zombie horror looking fish, I love it ? his scales are all different colours too it's great ?

Where abouts are you looking?:) are you on about the white'ish on his fins?.. that's his colours, I thought he was a dead fish when I first seen him, he is a proper zombie horror looking fish, I love it ? his scales are all different colours too it's great ?
no, i think it is because of the shape of fins

No, that's fin rot or damage that isn't healing..

No, that's fin rot or damage that isn't healing..
Considering its literally been the same for over a year & it's always been in the same spot and never moved, and posted various photos up before, even got him from an aquarium shop looking the way he is, I'll take their judgement, but thank you for your concern

Considering its literally been the same for over a year & it's always been in the same spot and never moved, and posted various photos up before, even got him from an aquarium shop looking the way he is, I'll take their judgement, but thank you for your concern
Best of luck with that ?

Most reactions

Back