Betta Fin Types

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I like plakats, since it's a little easier on the fish to swim, and there's not as much fin biting temptation. Crowntails are beautiful as well.

My favourite tail type is plakat with half moons/super deltas in second place.

That's four of us like plakats but they are so hard to find in shops.

I prefer females over males, so shorter tails win, however Plakats are riddiclously over priced in my area, I really want one.. However I find that female veiltails are the prettiest imo

I think it's because the kind of people who put a betta in a tiny tank want 'pretty' bettas, that is, those with long fancy tails. These people are in the majority so betta breeders breed the tail types that sell most easily. There won't be many of us who prefer plakats so there is little demand, therefore they are not bred in the same numbers.
And shops stock fish that sell easily, so they stock everything except plakats.

I prefer females over males, so shorter tails win, however Plakats are riddiclously over priced in my area, I really want one.. However I find that female veiltails are the prettiest imo

How much do they cost where you live? I bought my double tail male from petco for 15$ and they had koi plakats for either 20 or 25, can't remember which. My first male plakat was 18$ at petsmart but I think that's because he was a "dragon scale"... which he was not.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back