Betta falx

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Weee. So now I have the chance to get a pair of betta falx for free! :kana: I have a want ad up on aquabid for rare/wild species of bettas, though I never thought I'd get any replies since I said I didn't want to have them shipped. However, a woman contacted me yesterday. She lives an hour away and I am hoping I may be able to meet her somewhere to get them. However, I haven't decided for sure yet.

I decided aganist the pugnax as I really don't think I have room for them, but I think falx would be great fun as they are also mouthbrooders, and smaller. The woman said that hers are breeding all the time, so that would be great. I just need to decide if I can keep them in what I already have, if they need heat, blah blah blah.

Anyone have experience with them, or b. picta (as they are very similiar)? I'm excited, this could be a whole new experience! :D

Betta Falx - Good site to check them out.

falx1.jpg

Hi juliethegr8t :D

Wow! What a great opportunity. They look so interesting, and they're lovely fish as well.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you! :thumbs:

Wow baby!!! Those are beautiful!!! I WANT!!! :wub:

....mmmmm mouthbrooders, I think I have a couple of them here...... :lol:

jealous....jealous!!!! Ok, the orangies now have strings attached,Julie...Ya gotta trade me for some of your fry!!!! :lol: :p

jams.alaskan - Pairs can be housed together with this type. :nod: They also can be kept in a bit cooler water than splendens. Plus the whole mouthbrooding thing.. :p

wuv - You know I would definitely send you some if I had success with the fry! No question about it. We've got a deal going on. ;) It sounds like I might possibly get some babies too... the lady said that she actually had to remove the females because the males were constantly full of eggs and she wanted to make sure they were eating! :lol:

They're just too cute...go get em! Get em now!!!

Are you still reading this? Why aren't you in your car already?

:lol: :rofl: I don't think the woman would be very happy if I showed up at her door in the middle of the night...... just a feeling I have. :p

So you think I should get em huh? :hyper: I haven't decided for sure...

Edit: I just realized why you want me to get them.... you just are using me for falx fry! HAHA! Just kidding... :wub:

juliethegr8t said:
.... you just are using me for falx fry! HAHA! Just kidding... :wub:
No,no...of course not :whistle: I would never :shifty:

But yes, I think you should get them. What size tank are you thinking of?

I don't knoooow what size tank. -_- That's part of my decision making problems right now. I have to decide if I want to give them something I already have, or buy them something new, and if it's something new, what size? I mean, as you know, I'm not supposed to have more tanks, so I certainly can't get away with anything big. However, I can't really pass up this deal, now can I? :p Ugh, I hate to say it, but the biggest I could put them in seperately would be a 2.5, though perhaps I'll give them the 5.5 instead of breeding splendens. Eek, what to do! :crazy:

Depending on how peaceful they are,maybe they can be kept together (by the sounds of the breeder,that's how she was doing it,right?) Then of course...you'll have babies that you need room for :S :lol:

I don't know where you will "hide" them but I'm with wuv... go get them. They really look outstanding and sound really great. If I found them locally, I would have them... no kidding!!!

ALASKA

I think you should get them too. I've been considering looking into getting a pair of mouthbrooding Bettas (whatever type I could find, haha). It would be cool to have something different that you don't have to go through all we do with the Splendens to breed them. Having them in the same tank, mouthbrooding, just let them do it when they're ready, very cool :) And it is a pretty little fish. So go out and get them and then send all of us a pair of your fry, hahahaha.

Linda

Most reactions

Back