Betta constipated and won't eat pea

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
My betta is constipated and is sitting at the bottom of the tank breathing rapidly and I tried feeding him a betta size pea but he just sits thier at the bottom and doesn't even look at it or try to eat it. What should I do because I don't want to lose him :sad:

When is the last time that he ate? When did you last do a water change? Can he get up to the surface to breathe?

Lower the water level so he can reach the surface easily. Try live brine shrimp. I find that turns all my fish into little poop machines. My fish won't touch veggies either. I won't put it in now as it just attracts the smegging snails and can cause ickiness in the water really fast. :X
Hugs,
P.
P.S:Remember to lay the heater down if the tank has one or it'll burn out.

To keep your bettas from getting constipated in teh future try the following regimine:

Feed either betta pellets (Hikari is best, Wardley's works ok though) or frozen/live foods only..no freeze drieds. Don't over feed...no more then 8 pellets a day (divided by 2 times a day).

Fast atleast 1 day a week (usually in the middle of the week).

Feed 1/2 a pea atleast once a week (day after a fast works great).

This should keep your betta buddies happy and "regular".

Does some cooked cucumber work as well? My girls went after the cucumber with gusto. They ate from my hand for the first time. :D It is so funny to watch them take a piece and carry it around and shake it like a doggy toy. Funny Little Girls. :rofl:

I'm not sure a cuke woudl have the same "benefical" effect as a pea..but it might. Just watch themand see how it makes them poop. Then you'll have your answer. I would assume it woudl have the same effect though..being a veggie and all.

That head shaking is funny..I thought it looked like dogs too. lol

-_- Uh Red Betta hasn't even posted in this thread....

I think you should PM people instead of using threads to have general conversaiton. You know we have a chat room too btw.

BTW SRC thanks for the info. I think he might have lived if my grandmother would have let me treat him sooner as soon as I noticed his stomach getting bigger and getting less active. But oh well you can't change the past. :dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back