Being totally honest i ve got no test kits or any fancy things just got a thermometer and heater and the tank is always at 26°C, so i dont really go for expensive delicate fishes I like fishes those can handle a wide range of parameters... i recieved this tank from my grandparents who don't want to take care of it anymore... i did the basic research cycled it, got a filter, thermometer and a heater. I am a student so cant afford all the expensive things... i really want to do a planted tank and my parents may give me enough money after my exams...
No problem. I don't know if its the same in India, but here we can look on our water supplier's website and it tells us on there the water parameters if you cannot use a test kit of your own.

No problem. I don't know if its the same in India, but here we can look on our water supplier's website and it tells us on there the water parameters if you cannot use a test kit of your own.
naa nothing like that here or maybe it is and i m not aware of it lol

@gurpreet._._ fishes that can handle large range of parameters does NOT mean they appreciate to live at extrems only they can put up with extrems. We shouldn't target extrem parameters.

Oh good tip... also I've heard a myth that is doesn't matter what temperature or parameters a fish lives in wild what matters is where the fish was born and the parameters of that place and water... On this basis i am keeping my rosy barbs at 26°C even tho they prefer colder according to internet but so far i can confirm there have been no issues and there are colours are great as well with good growth.
@gurpreet._._ fishes that can handle large range of parameters does NOT mean they appreciate to live at extrems only they can put up with extrems. We shouldn't target extrem parameters.

I concur with @EllRog.

If you want a Betta, I suggest getting a 5-10 gallon tank, and save the 40g for the community fish. :)

Most reactions

Back