Betta And Ottos.

ChancesMama

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Since everyone here is so nice and informative, I've decided to ask you another question. I have quite a fair amount of fish knowledge under mt belt and let me stress that I am in no way saying that this needs to happen. My beta is comfortable and I will be getting her a bigger tank or possibly making one if I can't find what I want.
                  I was just wondering if anyone knew what the smallest tank is that a Betta and an Ottos can live in together? I was going to buy a 3 gallon tank for my Beta, Chance, and thought of adding one of my Ottos in. But I want to check with everyone here as I don't want the Otto to be uncomfortable in too small of a tank. Thank you for your help!

Otto's need groups of 6+ and they need heavily Algae Filled tanks unless you have them weaned onto Algae Wafers and stuff like that. So a 5-10 Gallon is what I would consider minimum.

Paradise3 said:
Otto's need groups of 6+ and they need heavily Algae Filled tanks unless you have them weaned onto Algae Wafers and stuff like that. So a 5-10 Gallon is what I would consider minimum.
OKay, that's what I had thought too. I was asking anyway because I've heard of people having just two ottos for a 55 gal and similar.
would there be any other way for me to get algae out of her tank IF it becomes a problem? (I have a 28 gallon bow front with 6 Otto cats and 4 Fancy guppies)

40+ Otos wouldn't be enough to clear a 55 gallon tank of algae (they just don't eat that much of the stuff)
reduce lighting would be the easiest answer to most algae issues
smile.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back