Best Way To Feed Frozen Brine Shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HurleyInferno

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought some frozen brine shrimp for my bettas today to get them something a little different, but what is the best way to feed these cubes?

hi

all i do is put them in a net just hanging in the tank water for 5 mins then tip it in :good:

That's alot of shrimp from 1 cube though.
I feed my main tank 1 cube of frozen bshrimp each night. I just take a cup, get some tank water in it and plop the cube into the cup. Let it sit for a few mins to let it thaw and slowly pour in the shrimp around the tank.
You could try this, then take some sort of dropper.. suck up a few of the shrimp so you don't overfeed or anything and feed your bettas that way.

That's alot of shrimp from 1 cube though.
I feed my main tank 1 cube of frozen bshrimp each night. I just take a cup, get some tank water in it and plop the cube into the cup. Let it sit for a few mins to let it thaw and slowly pour in the shrimp around the tank.
You could try this, then take some sort of dropper.. suck up a few of the shrimp so you don't overfeed or anything and feed your bettas that way.

i decided to put some tank water in a cup and put the cube in and then feed them with the dropper heres my question

is it inappropriate to freeze them again?

yes, never re-freeze and re-feed frozen food. Next time just cut up the frozen blocks into little pieces and put it in a zip-lock bag, then only take as many small blocks as you need.

just to let you know, i would always defrost the cubes and then tip them into a net to advoid adding the water that comes from the food into you tank. if you add the water you Phosphate levels will rise. a certain amount of phosphate is needed for the fish, but not to much. so just tipping the water and food in you are increasing you PO4.

chris

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back