Best Snails To Feed Dwarf Puffers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sufcdan

Reaction score
I have googled this subject and it appears the best snail for my puffer would be the ramshorn snails? My puffer is only 1/2 inch in size so not fully adult yet

Can i buy these snails from an aquatic store? or does anyone on here have any i could buy from them?

Im guessing they would have to be fairly small in size (snails)

Thanks!

3 weeks and my puffer is doing great! an amazing little fish :good: dont get much work done now he/she is on my work desk tho!

It's best to feed them baby snails the size of their eyeballs or smaller so that they can crunch the whole snail instead of sucking out the meat.

Ideal snails are baby pond snails, ramshorn snails, pouch/tadpole snails. It's easy to set up a snail hatchery for a constant supply.

Try ask your LFS for pest snails (not Malaysian Trumpet snails) or ask in the Buy & Sell section.

It's best to feed them baby snails the size of their eyeballs or smaller so that they can crunch the whole snail instead of sucking out the meat.

Ideal snails are baby pond snails, ramshorn snails, pouch/tadpole snails. It's easy to set up a snail hatchery for a constant supply.

Try ask your LFS for pest snails (not Malaysian Trumpet snails) or ask in the Buy & Sell section.

Why not malaysian trumpet snails?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back