Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

• Giant

• Other

• Total voters
I thought the blue gourami and the three spot gourami are the same fish. Every thing that I've read on the Trichogaster trichopterus species mentions it's AKA three spot. Please, let me know if I'm incorrect! :/

tekknocolor said:
I thought the blue gourami and the three spot gourami are the same fish. Every thing that I've read on the Trichogaster trichopterus species mentions it's AKA three spot. Please, let me know if I'm incorrect! :/
They are the species, but Blue/Opaline just have one long wavy black line, Three spot just have spots

I like them all, but I voted for the 3 spots. I've raised them and still have a number of them.

i've never seen a giant in aus.
but im not sure about them being illegal.

Giant Gourami arn't illegal, but you need to get a lisence to keep them. The only people who can get these lisences are zoos or similar ogranisations. I think there are giant gouramis being kept in the Melbourne Aquarium...

Gourami Lover88 said:
tekknocolor said:
They are the species, but Blue/Opaline just have one long wavy black line, Three spot just have spots
Alright, I guess I get it. Blue gourami or Trichogaster trichopterus is just a broader term for all the following subspecies: Opaline Gourami, Three Spot Gourami, Golden Gourami, and Marbled Gourami. Makes sense that it's all inclusive. Thanks!

http://freshaquarium.about.com/library/pro...ee+spot+gourami

Most reactions

Back