Best Filter For A 100 Litre?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The chilly dipper

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
im getting 100 ish litre tank from a member of this forum and i was wondering what the best filter would be for this size tank.

i want a filter where you buy sponges and media for the filter yourself like tizers filter shown in his journal.

as usual google turned up little :crazy:

Fluval U3 will do it.

http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/index.php?p=product&products_id=4377&cid=1

The Fluval range which i have are alright for £20. Once you have added your media and ornaments it will bring it down the 90 litres anyway. I have the fluval 2 plus. If its any help. if you can afford a better one capable of more litres per hour i highly recommend it, plus look out for ones with an adjustable filter flow thingy, so it doesnt make a whirlpool in the tank :D :good:

I have got a Fluval 4 plus in a 135 litre tank and aq advice.com site said it will be plenty of filtration for it.

It actually has 100 litres in it with 25kg of substrate if this helps at all

+1 for the U3 - thats what i had running in my 90 litre. Quiet, efficient and easy to clean. And if you can find a 2nd hand then you can find a bargain!
Nick

In that tank size range I would use one of my Rena XP2 filters. I am certain that there are plenty of other good filters for that size tank, but I have some personal experience with the Rena product line.

+1 for the U3 - thats what i had running in my 90 litre. Quiet, efficient and easy to clean. And if you can find a 2nd hand then you can find a bargain!
Nick

I have a second hand one going if anyone is interested...?

In that tank size range I would use one of my Rena XP2 filters. I am certain that there are plenty of other good filters for that size tank, but I have some personal experience with the Rena product line.
I second this also, Rena make some good filters, up there with Eheim in my opinion.

Most reactions

Back