Best external filter for a Juwel Rio 125 ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Reaction score
It's been many years since I've kept fish, and starting out humbly again with a Juwel Rio 125.
What is the best external Eheim filter that would fit inside the cabinet (with the doors properly closed?) . I'm considering the Eheim 2075?

Wow!! Hello, great to see you back!

Don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say hi :good:

Thank you! It's definitely "been a while" :)
My empty tank has been standing in my living room for a whole year now in anticipation of something ready to happen but I've been travelling too much over the past year and never had enough time to really set it up and give it the attention it needs especially in the first few months.

Uhm think I posted in the wrong section too :/

Does no one here have an Eheim external on a Rio 125? ????

Things are not as fast-paced around here as they used to be :/

What happened? :-(
Fish keeping no longer popular or has something changed here?

I guess no-one here runs an Eheim on a 125l Rio? Seeing as that's what you asked and no-one's replied :/

Not sure why you mention a specific tank mfg vs. simply a 125g?
Eheim, Fluval (FX6), Hydor, Marineland, Sunsun.... they all work.
I've had such good luck (knock wood) with my Aquaclear 70 HOB's on my 60g, I'd be tempted to use an AC110 or two on a 125g. or an AC110 along with a canister filter with one as a dedicated bio-filter (but that's just me).

[warning: broken record here] Remember, good filtration is about how well we filter the water (and how well we maintain the filter(s)) NOT how much water we push through the filter(s). Also, we want good water circulation, but don't need to create a raging river (unless that's a true objective!)

Admittedly, I don't use a canister...but if I had one down under, I'd have it sit in a plastic pan in case of leakage.

Abbeys Dad, because of the internal cabinet construction ...
As for filters, I've been around the block with brands and types over 30+ years and I'd prefer to stick with an Eheim external. However with the newer models on the market and as it's been a few years since I've last had tanks (I've never had a Rio 125) I just wondered how fish keepers modded their tanks these days. But doesn't seem like there's a lot of modding going on ...
But thank you for sharing your experience :)

Thanks SeanTrollope!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back