Bending Pond Liner Problems- Will My Idea Work?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Carp4U

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Basically I've had a preformed pond liner in for a few years, it was put in really badly (no base and not the proper shape) by my dad, only now I'm looking after it have I realised. The liner is surrounded by pebbles and has had big chunks of slate resting against the top of the liner for decorative purposes (which I have now pulled off). At one end the liner has bent inwards, the top of it is flat but it has bent down to about 4 inches below the top at the other end. So, I've got lots of exposed plastic and can't let the water levels go to a good or normal height. I tried digging and removing the earth behind the bent section and leaving it for a few weeks hoping the water would bend the liner back straight. It did a little, but I had to put something back there, so I put light grit sand there instead of pebbles. It soon bent in again to the same level.

I was going to get a sheet of the flexible pond liner and using my aquarium sealant, seal it to the edge of the old liner and flap it up the side of the pond. Would this work??

Hi it is very unlikely that it would work and it might pay to have a look at buying a new liner. Depending on the size it might not cost that much

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back