Barley straw

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have used it and providing the algae isn't already out of control it seems to help quite alot. :)

Barley straw reportedly clears up 25% of green water in 4 weeks and with out barley straw 25% of green water is gone in 4 weeks. No studys have ever proven barley straw to be effective. Sure you will get alot of anecdotal evidence but you will get alot for just letting your system sit aswell. Best to save your money up for a uv clarifyer IMO. Hey atleast your pond is still beautiful right.

Opcn

heh, we bought 2 bundles of the straw thats all packed up for shops and cost 6 squid, so before we go on holiday we're looking to get a bail of it to stick in!!

My mum has a friend with a big farm like pond and stick a few bails in!!.

Yes,i also thought barley straw was for blanket weed.
Our pond has been running for about 2 weeks now,and have lovely clear water,but ive noticed the blanket weed starting to form

You probable have blanket weed as it's a new pond and the ecologial balance is sorting itself out still!! Just fish the weed out!!

how nice of you sharing the jobs equaly!! :lol: dip your hands in and pul out, thats what we did when we had a bit of trouble with it last year.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back