bamboo

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

spAcE mOnkEy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
could a bambo stick live in a bowl with water half submerging it???(i got from chinatown)

I guess it depens on the type of bamboo.. I've seen some kinds sold in stores that have their roots and the lower parts of their stem in water, and they seem to do fine. If yours was sold to you that way, it should be okay.... i think

I have had 4 lucky bamboo in my ten gallon for eight months, and they are growing like weeds.

"Lucky bamboo" is a species of dracaena, a common terrestrial houseplant that happens to respond well to aquaculture. What that means is that it can be grown with the roots in water and pebbles, although it will usually grow better in soil. It should never be fully submerged, it may survive for a while, but eventually would die since it is not aquatic.

They are not fully submerged. The stems are in the water, with the leaves out the back of the tank. The roots dropped into the gravel within a week, and they are quite impressive. However, like mentioned, they are not truly bamboo, just vaguely resemble it.

Been fairly successful, as you can see.

Attachments

• Picture_003.jpg
    Picture_003.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 79

Most reactions

Back