Bala Sharks And Cherry Shrimp....

chris_mcr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Many already know what this issue was before opening the thread.....

My wife bought me a couple of these tiny things about 9 months ago when I was regaining interest in planted tanks. I explained that they would be too big for the 3ft tank when I arrived home from work, but being a surprise what can you really do?

At the same time I had bought a nice batch of 20 cherry shrimp to be the main feature, which over months became around 50 with the dense planting. Really lovely bright red and very active.

And then we come back to my wife's "lovely" sharks, which by now have grown to around 4inches long and have bunched their way through every shrimp in the tank. :(.

I had noticed the numbers going down, but thought they had hidden again under the wood and in the dense plants.

So to anybody who thinks "I'll be fine with these for a year or so before issues"..... Think again, they grow surprisingly quickly.

Are they red tailed sharks? I used to have shark cat fish, which are beautiful, and were fine until I went away for two days.
When I came back, there was a quite large black mollie missing and a huge lump in the belly of one of the shark cat fish.

Sorry just read the title of the thread.

Yeah just the very common silver shark which nearly all lfs sells and grow to be monsters.

I'm hoping to take them to one for credit if possible I have two pink coloured skirt tetras which I would like to add a few black ones instead

You can mix different colour morphs though, so pinks would shoal with the normal coloured widows.

I hoped to pick up another four at least, one is a pinky colour the other smaller one is almost white.

I have 15 cardinals and 6 ember tetras 1 cory(a lodger who may go or who may get some friends if possible) and the two sharks in 165L

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back