Bacterial Or Fungal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nat

Reaction score
Request HelpTank size:pH:ammonia:nitrite:was 0 until today now is just under 0.1nitrate:40kH:40gH:180tank temp:25Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):guppy has white "patches" on it and tail fin appears "closed" up. Also tetra has a white raised mark on it. 2 tetras aren't shoaling and hanging in corners of tank. Guppy acting normally.Volume and Frequency of water changes:20% fortnightlyChemical Additives or Media in your tank:dechlorinatorTank inhabitants:clown loach, guppies, tetras, blind cave fish, glass catfish, bristlenose plec, kribensisRecent additions to your tank (living or decoration):gravel, lots of new plants, guppies, glass catfishExposure to chemicals:-Sorry, PH 7.5, ammonia 0, tank size 215 litres.Do you think this is bacterial or fungus???

Attachments

• DSC00534_edited.JPG
    DSC00534_edited.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00524_edited.JPG
    DSC00524_edited.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 56
I would say bacterial, probably columnaris. True fungus on its own is rare, often fungus will grow on the deteriorating tissue from a bacterial problem.

I'm guessing you are from the UK, medication availability is different from where I am in the US. You will need something to treat gram positive as well as gram negative bacteria.

Thanks Tolak,

I got some advice for medications in the UK and have been recommended one which treats both bacterial and fungus problems so hopefully should get the problem sorted!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back