Back in the game

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DRW

Reaction score
After a long hiatus I got back into an aquarium. Boy have things changed. A person could go nuts reading all the technical stuff out there. I managed several tanks in the 70's without pulling out my hair. I even got through a weeklong power outage losing only a couple fish. My pride and joy was a 30 gl mirror backed community tank stocked with anything which struck my fancy. All fresh water. But I've also had pirannah, oscars and even a red snakehead. I have a 30 x high which I mirror backed with a sunsun canister filter. Its been going now for a couple months w/o much problem. I've put in live plants and locally harvested driftwood, even a piece of saguaro cactus core harvested in Arizona, which my zig-zag eel loves. I've probably violated every "don't" in the book but my water is clear and balanced. The only nagging problem is white debris returning through the spray bar. I used the pre-cut pads for the filter. I recently changed over to filter fiber. Can anyone steer me to what I can change or recommend a better aftermarket padding that I can cut to size.

Howdy, check into the pink stuff on ebay

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back