B&q Gravel?

You do not want crushed sand or gravel Knox. It ends up with sharp edges which is exactly what people buy sand to avoid. When working with catfish, the whole point to having sand is to be gently with the fish's barbels.

The earth eating cichlids, geophagus, are another kind of fish that appreciates a fine gravel or sand.

You do not want crushed sand or gravel Knox. It ends up with sharp edges which is exactly what people buy sand to avoid. When working with catfish, the whole point to having sand is to be gently with the fish's barbels.

The earth eating cichlids, geophagus, are another kind of fish that appreciates a fine gravel or sand.
I Dont Know.

Might go toys r us and get some sand.

I Dont know if black sand will suit in a beech Rio 180 :crazy: i may actully use abit of black sand for my Future 5 gallon betta tank :good:

I'll see whats going around in toys r us.

( i have to go with my brother anyway cuz he's 8 and still into the good ol war stuff ) If i cant find anything I Might take that black sand from you :good:

And thats what i was worring about old_man. Because they Do have some very sharp rocks :( :crazy:

Empty you're water if you're worried about the mess, wont take long. What i would do if you really dont want to empty your water for whatever reason just clean the sand the best you can and slowly put it into the water the water will clear within a day or too.

There is no rush in getting it all sorted, you'll only regreret doing things if you rush it:)

i might just go for gravel :rolleyes: though its priceyer it is'nt realy hard to clean and settles easyer

:good: Might head to A & D Tomorrow or later

( The roadys are icey atm :crazy: )

The biggest problem with gravel is that it can quite often look clean but basically all of the crap goes to the bottom of the gravel. It's harder to get all the crap from the bottom of gravel and any missed bits will start to rott and fowl the water quality. With sand it stays on top , you know once you;ve got it off the top its gone , no hidden rotting food or anything.

The biggest problem with gravel is that it can quite often look clean but basically all of the crap goes to the bottom of the gravel. It's harder to get all the crap from the bottom of gravel and any missed bits will start to rott and fowl the water quality. With sand it stays on top , you know once you;ve got it off the top its gone , no hidden rotting food or anything.
Sand it is then :good:

good boy! lol sand looks so much better IMO and will suit your beach stand well, plus your fishies will love it!

good boy! lol sand looks so much better IMO and will suit your beach stand well, plus your fishies will love it!
Mom Does'nt agree to it.

But hell. I Cant listen to her all my life :lol:
+
Will i have to turn the Filter off when putting the sand in??

Some Job im going to have cleaning up tomorrow :p :lol:

if you can get your gravel vac so that its just a tube then you can pour the sand down the tube then its on the bottom of your tank and it will hardly cloud up the water at all! I made the mistake of pouring my sand in then dumping buckets of water ontop which sent the sand everywhere! this was unwashed toys r us sand, but I used washed sand in my 50L which didn't cloud up at all and took about 2mins per 3rd of bucket :good:

:hyper: im just going to end up dunking the sand in anyway! xD!

one problem

i tihnk the heater may be broke :crazy: it turns off at night time :(

you know the heater is not meant to be on all the time - they switch on if the water temp drops below whatever the heater is set to, the rest of the time they are off.

you know the heater is not meant to be on all the time - they switch on if the water temp drops below whatever the heater is set to, the rest of the time they are off.
I Know.. But the water seems to get cold And it turns back on in the morning :blink:

Most reactions

Back