azolla aphids removal

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello! there are so many aphids plaguing my azolla, and I am wondering how to get rid of them.

Shake them off. Rinse the plants under tap water. Find a parasitic beetle to eat the aphids. Leave it until the aphids die back when the weather changes.

Long term, you need to balance out the ecosystem by encouraging aphid predators. Build a bug house out of bamboo sticks or drilled wood in a box frame so the predators survive the winter. Situate it so that the bugs stay dry.

Shake them off. Rinse the plants under tap water. Find a parasitic beetle to eat the aphids. Leave it until the aphids die back when the weather changes.
it is hard to wash them off individually but i will try and find some parasite beetles to help me out.
Long term, you need to balance out the ecosystem by encouraging aphid predators. Build a bug house out of bamboo sticks or drilled wood in a box frame so the predators survive the winter. Situate it so that the bugs stay dry.
thanks, that sounds like a good idea. ladybugs are rare but i think i will find one after enough looking
how would i lure them in the first place though?

Just provide the bug house so they can survive the winter. And be careful with insecticides/ chemicals.

Just provide the bug house so they can survive the winter. And be careful with insecticides/ chemicals.
okay i won't use anything. the only thing i used was egg shells so the aphids are iriitated and run away.

so they will come by themselves when I provide a good home?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back