"assorted" Id Please?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I think G Sharky is right, they look like Kenyi females to me. Full name is Maylandia Lombardoi, you may have all females but as G Sharky said, as they mature, if you have any males they will turn yellow.

Well, I think I've decided they are Kenyi / Pseudotropheus Lombardoi. At least that's what the lable on PetSmart tank said (I went back today, for more "junk"). So I researched it, and they look way more like than anything else I saw.

Now I just gotta decide if they're gonna turn yellow or not! They're pretty close to 2 inches, including the very end of the tail... I suppose if they don't turn in a couple more months, I got females. Which is kewl, cuz then they won't be as bully-ish, I hope. Though one was chasing a female Electric Yellow today (and she's bigger than the Kenyi!)

Thankies for all the help!

Lombardoi are much more aggressive than yellow labs so expect a bit of chasing/fin nipping.

a bit of chasing/fin nipping
To put it very lightly. These fish can be brutal. Anyway, Lombardoi sounds right so keep a close eye on things!

To put it very lightly. These fish can be brutal. Anyway, Lombardoi sounds right so keep a close eye on things!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite right freddyk, that was perhaps a bit understated. :nod:

Most reactions

Back