Arrghhhhh Tank Is Leaking!

newfishy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I though for many days it was perhaps condensation, or that I had spilled water while doing changes, but I finaly realised that no no no it was definatly the back lower seam had a tiny split it it. Grrrrrrr I had only had the tank for a few weeks at most so I caught the babies in my fry tank in a breeder, jammed all my adults in the five gallon....6 babies in a net and 7 adults is way too many fish I know....emptyed and dryed the tank, drug the box down from the attic grabbed my recepet and took the whole thing back to walmart where I got it.....should that be a big suprize that it leaked lol?

anyways I returned the tank and the seperate heater that I had bought planning on getting the next size up aquarium kit that came with a heater and was actualy cheaper in total then buying the 10 gallon and heater seperately. only once I get in the fish isle there are no more 14 gallons....oh pooo.

so I looked at all the next sizes up 16 bow front -18 hex front -20 plain square
then I look at the prices....all three tanks are all 89.95....hugh? shoot the 14 gallon was only 49.95, I went and drug a store person over and was told that the prices were correct that the smaller tanks were only more expensive because of the shaped front. So being facanated with fish what size do you think I came home with lol?

I had already measured and weight tested the stand I had been using for the 10 gallon (me and my very pregnant friend both sat on the stand for several min to make sure it could hold the extra weight) so if everthing is alright with the stand so far I am guessing it will stay that way?? anyone know any different??

I had put the filters in the baby tank to stay wet and warm, had put the gravel and deco in a five gallon bucket and filled it with tank water so when I came home I wipped down the tank, assembled everything, made sure everything was working properly and at the same levels and temp as the baby tank, then caught the adults and slowly transfered them back to the new home.

its the next morning and no one is dead or seems to be stressed and I will continue checking levels daily for a while till I am sure everything is ok. now that I have seemed not to have killed anyone(well except for the fry that I droped a filter on by accident...woops)

I have 3 adult guppys and 4 adult platies....what eventual tank mates would be nice in a 20 gallon tank? :shifty: I fish out fry that I find alive grow them a little and then take them to the lfs for cash or an exchange if the lfs needs more fish....which he always seems to need guppys and platies. I think I am enjoying my sons birthday gift more then he is lol.

so anyone have some good ideas for more fish once my tank settles in?

Tetras are a nice addition to any tank in my opinion, one question, have you cycled your tank as it sounds like you have rushed in to this?

Lew.

well the 10 gallon was at the very very end of its cycle.....yup I had no clue and jammed a bunch of fish in their and killed quite a few...the lfs had no clue why and it was only till I came here that I found out about fishless cycling. I had been doing large daily water changes and testing so after I learned what was wrong everybody stopped dieing and now everyone looks happy and healthy.

am I correct in guessing that even though the 10 was nearly 99.9 percent done and I saved my media and all I still should be on the lookout for spikes in this bigger tank...and no I am deffinalty not talking about adding any more fish till I am positive this tank is cycled correctly.

the baby tank is mess in the fact that i only have a small whisper bubbler filter in there that I dont trust to do its job so I will always do a water change in there daily unless some one here tells me differently.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back