Argg...Mr.poop-alot...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kevin007

Hmmm...cories
Reaction score
but..it maybe just settling but my gibbicep plec (i think) is not eating anything, it is sucking my wood all day :rolleyes:

i am abit worried, i fed hikari sinking warfers and flakes today, he ignored it, i guess he only eats algae tablets? are the hikari brand ones anygood? :unsure:

he is one of the cutest fish i have owned, (next to my cories :p )

I've used that brand and they were fine. If he's pooping then he's eating... :D He may be a little more nocturnal then most of his tank mates. Try adding the algea wafer just before you turn out the lights at night...

ALASKA

jams.alaskan said:
I've used that brand and they were fine. If he's pooping then he's eating... :D He may be a little more nocturnal then most of his tank mates. Try adding the algea wafer just before you turn out the lights at night...

ALASKA
yea i thought about that but it probably is pooping from the food at the pet store not at my tank, i hope he is just getting used to the tank and he doesn't even leave his wood :rolleyes:

he don't even suck on the glass! :rolleyes:

he loves his wood so much he doesn't even eat :crazy:

and how long can a 1.5 inch gibbi (i think) last in a 55 gallon before i have to trade him back to the petstore?

:-( :sad:

if you have opnly just got it it might need a week or so to settle in. plecos are very shy fish and take a while to settle in, it took my bn pleco ages to settle in it just sucked on the driftwood.

see i sleep very late since it is th summer...(4am) i turned off the lights and like one hr later, it is moving everywhere! it is even going somewhere else andnot sucking on the wood :rolleyes:

cute lil fella :)

I've had my Gibby for nearly a year now, and he still rarely comes out and the only time I actually see him eating is when I throw an algea wafer (I always use hikari!) in to the tank and then leave the tank area for about 20 mins. as soon as I move towards the tank again; he swims back to the glass where he usually hides.
as for how long he'll live in there, I don't really know, but in the year that I've had my gibby, he's grown from about 6" to about 71/2", so not a lot really. if he's only 1 1/2" now, you've probably got a while!!!

Most reactions

Back