What's new
Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Chloemarieellis

Reaction score
Recently my tropical "Cory" fish had been laying eggs on the glass of my tank but as I looked at the tank for more I noticed a different type of egg on the stones. The Cory was laying multiple eggs but the other eggs are single clear eggs, we have piranhas in the same tank as the Cory fish and just wanted to know wether the different eggs were the piranhas. the eggs on the stones are unknown, can anyone help? There's more than that but I couldn't upload anymore pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,041
Well firs toff the cory's will need moving ASAP to a different tank.

How big are the Piranha's?
What type of Piranha are they? - I'm guessing Red Bellied since they seem the be just about the only Piranha species able to live in a group with some form of peace.
What other fish do you have with the Piranha's?

Which piranha? Pygocentrus natteri? The most common piranha out there. There are also serrasalmus sp.

First off you should identify the exact species

Paradise3 said:
Well firs toff the cory's will need moving ASAP to a different tank.

How big are the Piranha's?
What type of Piranha are they? - I'm guessing Red Bellied since they seem the be just about the only Piranha species able to live in a group with some form of peace.
What other fish do you have with the Piranha's?

Red bellied piranhas arent the only ones capable of living in groups. Also serrasalmus elongatus and many other types of piranha live in schools.

I said seem to be and even then they are dicey... In a tank try keeping a group of Black Piranha and let me know how you get on :)

I know in the wild they live in school's but in a tank you're lucky to get away with Red Bellies living together let alone anything else :/
My boyfriend has a Red Bellied Piranha that was taken in by a customer called Dave who killed off 5 other Piranha's to live alone....

Paradise3 said:
I said seem to be and even then they are dicey... In a tank try keeping a group of Black Piranha and let me know how you get on
smile.png

I know in the wild they live in school's but in a tank you're lucky to get away with Red Bellies living together let alone anything else
confused.gif

My boyfriend has a Red Bellied Piranha that was taken in by a customer called Dave who killed off 5 other Piranha's to live alone....

Well just depends on howw you take care of them :D

Feeding live food also makes them more aggressive hence the killing and mortalities. people do often feed them live food

And yet I saw in one shop a group of mid sized red bellies (about 10-12cm nose to tail) being terrorised by the stray guppies in a sump tank!!

Also had a tiny 1cm red belly bite me hard in excitement over bloodworm... unfortunately in its excitement and feeding frenzy it got bloodworms stuck through its gills and died :( ridiculous way to go for a piranha...

MBOU said:
And yet I saw in one shop a group of mid sized red bellies (about 10-12cm nose to tail) being terrorised by the stray guppies in a sump tank!!

Also had a tiny 1cm red belly bite me hard in excitement over bloodworm... unfortunately in its excitement and feeding frenzy it got bloodworms stuck through its gills and died
sad.png
ridiculous way to go for a piranha...

Just goes to show how these fish are mislabeled mankillers

Yes Red Bellies are scaredy cats but they are able to kill their own "pack" mates lol. That's all I'm saying :)

My boyfriends baby Red Bellies bit him the other night XD

Paradise3 said:
Yes Red Bellies are scaredy cats but they are able to kill their own "pack" mates lol. That's all I'm saying
smile.png

My boyfriends baby Red Bellies bit him the other night XD

Well in my country they are illegal to own.

I'm in the UK so we're OK :) His are only between about 1-1.5 inch long but they have quite the bite already! He has a chunk of skin missing from the end of his finger from the smallest ones bite :lol: Luckily no blood so no feeding frenzy hehe.

Paradise3 said:
I'm in the UK so we're OK
smile.png
His are only between about 1-1.5 inch long but they have quite the bite already! He has a chunk of skin missing from the end of his finger from the smallest ones bite
laugh.png
Luckily no blood so no feeding frenzy hehe.

Well he could have started one. Gladly. Id like to see David Blaine stick his bloody hand in there :D

DerpPH said:

I'm in the UK so we're OK
smile.png
His are only between about 1-1.5 inch long but they have quite the bite already! He has a chunk of skin missing from the end of his finger from the smallest ones bite
laugh.png
Luckily no blood so no feeding frenzy hehe.

Well he could have started one. Gladly. Id like to see David Blaine stick his bloody hand in there
biggrin.png

He could have if they were big enough and not too scared :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back