Are Striped Kuhli Loaches Supposed To Swim At Top Like Crazy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joyboy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 5 kuhli loaches, 2 of them are going crazy swimming on top all around the tank, they go down to rest and then they're back up again! Is it normal??

Do thay have anywhere to hide? their shy and dont like being out in the open until its dark and nothing can see them. If you have nowhere for them to hide turn the light off so thay dont stress out and die and keep it off untill you get something for them to hide in, half coconut, clump of java moss etc. Java moss is good as you can still see them hiding in it but thay feel safe.

Do thay have anywhere to hide? their shy and dont like being out in the open until its dark and nothing can see them. If you have nowhere for them to hide turn the light off so thay dont stress out and die and keep it off untill you get something for them to hide in, half coconut, clump of java moss etc. Java moss is good as you can still see them hiding amongst it but thay feel safe.
I do have plants which i will be re arranging tomorrow so it makes a bunch and itll make it a place for them to hide. I also have a driftwood and a mini tunnel. I think there are enough places to hide.

I do have plants which i will be re arranging tomorrow so it makes a bunch and itll make it a place for them to hide. I also have a driftwood and a mini tunnel. I think there are enough places to hide.

I see. Well as long as there is a dark place for them to hide thay should be fine. If thay keep doing it when thay have a place to hide or when the light is turned off then there is probably something else stresing them.
let us know. :good:

Mine are like a bunch of kids. As soon as the lights go on they come to the front of the tank and wait to be fed, once they,ve done that they go and play in the bubble column.

Lots of plants and caves for them.

Tibbs

Whats yourr weather like? When we get a big weather system change, mine come out and go nuts. The rest of the time they hide.

Check this thread out:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/394685-kuhli-loaches-partying-hard/page__gopid__3326860#entry3326860

I have 5 kuhli loaches, 2 of them are going crazy swimming on top all around the tank, they go down to rest and then they're back up again! Is it normal??

Yes! This is normal, and very good! You have happy kuhlis.

Do thay have anywhere to hide? their shy and dont like being out in the open until its dark and nothing can see them. If you have nowhere for them to hide turn the light off so thay dont stress out and die and keep it off untill you get something for them to hide in, half coconut, clump of java moss etc. Java moss is good as you can still see them hiding in it but thay feel safe.

The opposite is actually true.

The more places you have for kuhlis to hide, the more you'll see them. Happy and comfortable kuhlis will hang out and dance in the open at all hours of the day, knowing that, should they need to, they know exactly where they can dart to hide.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back