Arcadia T5 Or T8 Luminaire

apac

Reaction score
hi everyone, i was hoping that i could get some opinions regarding me getting the correct lighting.
would a 14000k marine white t5 tube be too bright? as i'm currently unsure what Arcadia luminaire to purchase. the T5 comes with four 54w tubes (2 marine white and 2 actinic), the T8 marine luminaire comes with three 38w (2 marine white, 1 actinic).
the luminaire is 60" and the tank is 72" and 21" deep. would the T5 be over kill? is the T8 more than sufficient?
thanks,
Andrew.

i have some small t5's on my 2ft tanganyikan shell dweller tank and i am forever scraping algae off because there isnt the plants to out conpete the algae it grows like theres no tomorrow

id recommend the t8 and if it was me personally i wouldnt even put 3 tubes in it 2 or maybe even 1 would be enough i would think, ill assume u arnt planning on any kind of plants in this tank?

hope this helps :good:

as you say, algae is a big concern and something that has only now come to the front of my mind. i may try just one or two appropriate plants but i don't hold too much hope as the cichlids will probably strip them. so you think 3x38w T8 will be more than sufficient? the reason for getting the marine version is that i can use actinic tubes in the product range. maybe have 2 actinic and 1 white? i thought that the marine white tubes may give a nice look to the tank?? will the actinic blue light promote algae growth?

Most reactions

Back