Aquaone 980

well done both of you, it's lovely to see someone reach the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm stalled on one tank, and halfway i think on the other.
I just bought my first betta which has been kept for me. can't wait to get him home. xx

This is wonderful. Congratulations! Job well done!

You are the best judge of your data so if you get a moment, please summarize for us how long you think each of the 3 phases took (Pre Nitrite Spike, actual Nitrite Spike and Post Nitrite Spike) and what your total days were.

Its important now to keep up with daily testing of ammonia and nitrite for a couple of weeks to be sure the filter doesn't mini-cycle on you. You'll also want periodic pH and NO3 tests to be getting a feel for what they -really- are now that the tank is going to be more stable. You also, of course, begin your weekly gravel-clean-water changes and your monthly filter cleanings. If the NO3 level stays within 15 or 20ppm above whatever your tap level is then it means your gravel cleanings are going ok. If it creeps up then you need to make them better. Likewise, the monthly filter cleans are a starting point ahd you should observe and make notes in your aquarium notebook to help you decide whether to let them be farther apart or closer together.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Back