Aquamanta Efx1000 Flowrate

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

paulyoung666

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just measured the flowrate of my filter and found it to be way low at 360lph against and advertised max of 1000lph , i am not expecting it to be 1000lph but a third of the flow is disappointing to say the least , i would be interested to know other peoples results if they have one to see if it is a problem with mine or just the way it is ......

The 1000lph flow rate is normally measured with next to no media or anything. Its what the turbine can put it, But then you add spray bars, media, trays, bacteria/clogging you'll never get what is advertised. 

But I will add I bought a aquamanta 1000 and loved it to bits.

It's usually the case that flow rates of a Media filled external filter (foams ceramic floss carbon etc.) will be significantly less than the claimed flow rate, usually showing a 50-70% reduction depending on media configuration and how clogged it has become, filter floss slowing things down very quickly if not regularly changed, the noted exception to this rule being Ehiem filters with supplied media usually returning a flow rate close to what's wrote on the box.
smile.png

Thanks for the replies, it has a bag of carbon in it that I will take out for a start I reckon, it's only been running a couple of weeks so the filter pads should be nowhere near clogged up I reckon, will see tomorrow ....

Took the bag of carbon out and it is up to 500lph , better, fines me about 3 water changes an hour , enough ? ....

my ehiem classic still puts out around 90% of what is written on the box and that is 9 months on without any serious cleaning

They also test the filters in a test environment so you'll probably find the height of the water you're pumping is higher than was tested. The length of tube from my filter to the top of the tank is close to the maximum pumping rate for the filter and I bet yours is the same.

What does it say in the manual?

Most reactions

Back