🐡 FOTM Aquabarb - December 2023 Fish of the Month Winner (Cichlids)

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
December 2023 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 7 awesome Cichlids entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray::
Aquabarb
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning entry and its description
20231023_183140-jpg.332275
I Love ❤️ Cichlids, they are my favourite group of fish due to their beautiful colour and great personalities. Picking one of mine to show was really difficult for me but this fish represents Cichlids in all their glory.
This is Electro⚡⚡⚡️my Electric blue Acara (Andinoacara pulcher)

Colour and personality in abundance but also peaceful and well mannered for a Cichlid. Top dog in my South American tank but he rules without aggression and keeps the tank well balanced.

Lives with my trio of Rotkeil Severums, T,bar & Nicaraguan Cichlid, then some bottom dwellers such as Clown loach, Hoplo catfish, Ropefish and a Blue phantom pleco to name a few 🙂

Good luck everyone 🙂

Congrats! This single fish has made me want to get electric blue acaras, I never understood all the hype until I scrolled down all the way and was blown away by this! Nice!

Congrats to @AquaBarb for the WIN with your Electric Blue Acara...great looking Cichlid and excellent picture taking skills.
Coming in 2nd place is @Ram419 with your awesome very dark Angelfish. Great looking fish!
And coming in 3rd place is @Sleeveless with their very interesting Angelfish. Nice fish.

Thanks go out to all who participated in this month's FOTM contest.

Right now, the Tank of the Year Tournament has started. Please be sure to vote in this exciting contest which is featuring all 12 winners of the Tank of the Month contests for 2023.
CLICK HERE to view the TOTY poll.

Last edited:
Congratulations. :)

From what I’ve heard and read, the Electric Blue Acara is probably a hybrid between Andinoacara pulcher and the Blue Ram, Mikrogeophagus ramirezi.

Congrats to @AquaBarb for the WIN with your Electric Blue Acara...great looking Cichlid and excellent picture taking skills.
Coming in 2nd place is @Ram419 with your awesome very dark Angelfish. Great looking fish!
And coming in 3rd place is @Sleeveless with their very interesting Angelfish. Nice fish.

Thanks go out to all who participated in this month's FOTM contest.

Right now, the Tank of the Year Tournament has started. Please be sure to vote in the exciting contest which is featuring all 12 winners of the Tank of the Month contests for 2023.
CLICK HERE to view the TOTY poll.
Thanks for running these comps

And congrats to the winner.

Most reactions

Back