Apple Snails (pomacea Bridgesii)

lol clearly had enough acclimatising and made a run for it. mine are just over 2cm now.

They grow quicker the more space available in the tank I have one of yours by itself in a 5 gallon and its 2.3cm (I keep a ruler next to my tank lol) and the ones in the 8 gallon which are a bit more crowded with the nerites as well are 1.4-1.6cm, exact same water as it is past between the tanks, the 5 gallon has a moss wall and ceramic pots purposefully seeded with algae so more general food lying around.

I presumed their growth would be slower in my community tank with their siblings. I'm quite amazed just how different it is though! :)

This weeks snails were posted out early this aftenoon.

And I've updated the OP with better newer pictures and how many I have available. I've also listed some snails on E-bay :eek: :D

Will you have any of thesse next friday when i get payed :D

i got 8 about 6 weeks ago they in a 260 tank they are like a candy stripe whites pink purple they look really nice, they have really grown a couple of them are the size of a 10p coin they grow really quick mine crawl round the water line and eat the fish food,no wonder they so big its discus growth food lol,,so buy them you wont be disappointed,,kenny

Just posting to say my snails arrived from Curiosity101 today as promised, all very well packaged, no DOA, and all healthy and motoring about the tank. Perfect job! Thanks :good:

Good to hear. Just out of interest, did they all arrive the correct way up? Ie. I put them in with trapdoor on the moist tissue paper and sort of arranged them so they hopefully couldn't flip over. Saltynay had a couple DOA (presumably dried out). They've been the only ones DOA so far (out of 80+), but it did make me a bit paranoid.

Note: I did send replacements.

I have to be honest, I didn't notice which way up they were. I just picked them out and popped them in the tank, and after a couple of minutes they were off and moseying about the place :) If I was pushed, I'd probably say they were the right way up, but I couldn't be certain.

im 90% sure that all mine were the right way up. They arrived today at about midday took a few hours to get going but now they have all climbed to the highest point in my tank. Hopefully i have no jumpers.

Quick reply in order - just to say that I have come back from a weekend away to find at least four ickle baby spiral-shaped things with teeny antennae poking out of them all over my tank, looks like they've bred already. I can't believe the speed they're growing, two of them have at least doubled in size since they arrived on Wednesday :eek:

Most reactions

Back