Apistogramma Hongsloi "Rotstritch"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cian McLiam

Ye Olde Irish Tank Guy
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Normally I dont use flash when taking pics, although they usually come out crisper, they have the obvious 'fish in a tank' look and ugly shadows that I try to avoid, I try to make it look like the fish is in its habitat, and we are 'sneaking a peek' :)

These however, I did take with a flash to see what the output would be like, I also set the Fuji S5000z to 'chrome film' which boosts the warmer colours from what I can see, the reds and yellows in these are slightly over emphasised but its pretty close to what the fish look like in real life.

Enough jabbering!

Pics:

Attachments

• apistohongsloi.jpg
    apistohongsloi.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 36
Apisto Honglsoi wandered into this one, so was quite small in the pic, blowing it up has made it grainy:

Attachments

• apisto.jpg
    apisto.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 27
Again, just after they were put into the tank, colours look very faded, the fish were a bit dazed after their journey :)

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 27
Great pics especailly the first of the Hongsloi male, you're just making me want my harem of them even more. :) Your new Rams are looking good to :thumbs: .

The first picture is great! Not only the fish but centering, color, everything. I know you said you are not eligible anymore but FOTM nod anyway.

Beatiful fish are those rams peaceful i want to get some but i want to know if there peaceful. People say they are. Hey fan O fish did valentino ever flared at rocky.
Ohh and again beatiful fish ken.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Rams are unbelievable. I live with very very hard water so they have not been a vilable option before... but now I have RO water :)

Still I am just getting going on switching to reef on my SW tank so im a few years off before doing another project :(

rams have caught my eye aswell... i saw some bolivian rams in the lfs couple days ago and thought about them.... how are they to breed?.. i got a spare 10 gallon in my room cycling now... maybe this weekend i can find something exciting to put in it.. maybe some rams?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back