anyone play with these...Cambarellus patzcuarensis

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score

ORANGE CPO DWARF MEXICAN CRAYFISH​

I'm looking at getting a few to try in one of my tanks, that the common Freshwater Shrimps haven't done as well in the past... these are tiny from the seller ( about the same size as the baby / juvenal shrimp I got last time ) but seem more hardy???

I've kept the orange ones and the original wild color (brownish, greyish, bluish). Both are very prolific and quite hardy. All Cambarellus and Procambarus species are as small as a newborn dwarf shrimp when born despite of their bigger adult size in comparison to dwarf shrimps.
These CPOs will do well in both a planted and non planted tank. They do well in soft water but I've kept them in hard water and they did all well for years. It's also a matter of how young they are when they are put in different water to get used to other water parameters.
From time to time, some dominance can occur (no matter the gender of the dominant ones). In general, they're peaceful but occasionally a fight can occur.

At some point there were so many of them, that I brought them along to the vivaristic events to sell them overthere besides the livebearers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back