Any Tropica Nutition Capsules users with shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi all, next Wednesday I'm going to my LFS and I'll be getting my new filter and those root tabs.
I read their ingriedient list and they contain 0.010% copper. They are slow release, but would they be harmful to my cherry, vamp, amano shrimp?
I saw on their youtube channel putting a capsule into the gravel while an amano shrimp walked past the camera. So would they be harmful to my shrimp?

That's the same percentage as Seachem flourish tabs. I use those in my tank with cherries.

I usually just stick one at the base of each plant for the swords.
If you haven't bought them yet I did not like those because the little coloured beads do not dissolve and stay in the tank forever until you physically remove them. I always have good results with the Seachem Flourish tabs. Last time I tired to buy they were only available in packs of 10 so I ended up getting the JBL equivalent. These are much cheaper but only last 1 month instead of 3.

What do you mean by 'little coloured beads do not dissolve'? They have to dissolve, they are made out of clay and these are the only root tabs that my LFS sells.

The capsules do not fully decompose and the small balls inside the capsules will remain in the substrate after all nutrients have been released. The balls are made of resin, which is biologically harmless.
Harmless but unsightly (IMO)

Mm, that makes sense after all. How would I get rid of them then? My substrate is really fine sand.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back