Any Ray Keepers On Forum- Got One Tonight

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

he is beautiful & your eel is a stunner. The ray is my 'one day' fish, eventually I would love a pair in a monster tank, will be a good while till I can afford it & have room for it though.

cheers

the big tanks the next thing on the list now. Got rid of 4 got one more to go hopefully in next two weeks couple more fish to go then that leaves me with the fish that I really want to keep in the long term if you catch my drift. Just going to get a good 7 or 8 ft tank .

Not sure whether staying or moving though cos I want an older bigger house with maybe a cellar for my fishroom!!! lol

he is beautiful & your eel is a stunner. The ray is my 'one day' fish, eventually I would love a pair in a monster tank, will be a good while till I can afford it & have room for it though.

cheers

the big tanks the next thing on the list now. Got rid of 4 got one more to go hopefully in next two weeks couple more fish to go then that leaves me with the fish that I really want to keep in the long term if you catch my drift. Just going to get a good 7 or 8 ft tank .

Not sure whether staying or moving though cos I want an older bigger house with maybe a cellar for my fishroom!!! lol

Good luck with all the re-homing. A nice big celler for a fishroom could look amazing :good:

cheers

Good luck with all the re-homing. A nice big celler for a fishroom could look amazing :good:

Cheers... Just the Channa Pulchra to go now and all set unless the reeds go funny again on re-introduction

How can you people keep RAYS?! HELLOOO THOSE ARE STING RAYS!! aren't you people afraid of bieng stung? LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS GOING TO END LIKE STEVE IRWEN :blush: :sick: yup he was good, king and polite guy too, I was one of his fans when I was kid....well after all i'm still a teenager :blush:
Yes, I'm a BIG ray keeper. My answer to that is respect the animal. respect it and don't try anything stupid and you WON'T get stung.

hello
the ray looks skinny to me
are the bones showing by the base of the tail?
what is it feeding it on and how often?

How can you people keep RAYS?! HELLOOO THOSE ARE STING RAYS!! aren't you people afraid of bieng stung? LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS GOING TO END LIKE STEVE IRWEN :blush: :sick: yup he was good, king and polite guy too, I was one of his fans when I was kid....well after all i'm still a teenager :blush:
Yes, I'm a BIG ray keeper. My answer to that is respect the animal. respect it and don't try anything stupid and you WON'T get stung.
huh?..... I don'y realy seem to fallow you...... what kind of stupid things that will make them sting you?

hello
the ray looks skinny to me
are the bones showing by the base of the tail?
what is it feeding it on and how often?

hi cane
I;ve never kept one before so don;t know what to compare it to size wise, I don;t think bones were showing then and when I first got him he fed really well on prawns and mussels last couple of days hes been less active and hes been chewing at the prawn but then jus leaving it which is worrying me,

I;ve kept the water changes regular and the parameters are good so don;t understand it cos something clearly isn;t right!!

Check that 2 old school members in one thread lol. That ray is skinny one answer earthworms. Go to wormsdirect and order some from there and bulk him up. Also remove all pants and decor from the tank or push them to the ends he needs as much floor space as you can give him. :good:

Yeah, I would say Ray was thin but not Skinny, have seen em in far worse condition in shops... you can see his ribs a little bit too easily for my comfort... but then again... my girl was a fatty LOL..

Hikari's Massivore Delite is a great pellet for bulking rays up if you take the time to get them to eat them! Maybe something to alternate the food a bit? My guys always got a bit bored if they ate the same thing over and over again...

cheers for comments fellas he stopped eating food for a bout a week and a bit I got some worms and got him feeding again and for the last three days he has been pouncing on and munchin on prawns

he;s been seperated from other fish in another tank for 3 weeks or so going to try andbulk him up

pick up the 7 foot 1000 litre on saturday so when its cycled and matured for a few months i shall be joining you in the ray keeping world!

lucky you!!!

any pics?

Most reactions

Back