Any Glasgow Area Fish Sellers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Libbyd23

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a reputable local fish seller in the Glasgow area? I'm fed up buying via LFS where fish health is debatable.

Thanks.

i've used http://www.the-coral-reef.co.uk/, on paisley road west, i only recently bought frogs from them so can't really comment on the quality of the fish, it looks a lot better than the couple of places at the trongate though. It would be great to get some recommendations of good shops in the glasgow area.

Andy

I'm near Stirling and LFS prices have got pretty expensive lately, I'm looking for some Tanganyikan cichlids, if I could get them in Glasgow I'd happily get the train through :good:
Cheers for the link :good:

i've used http://www.the-coral-reef.co.uk/, on paisley road west, i only recently bought frogs from them so can't really comment on the quality of the fish, it looks a lot better than the couple of places at the trongate though. It would be great to get some recommendations of good shops in the glasgow area.

Andy

Thanks Andy, but that's where I bought guppies not that long ago which all died within 24hours and killed some of my neons. I was a bit in doubt at the time to buy them as some of the guppies looked a little sluggish and I really should have gone with my instincts.
My friend always buys his fish from there and never had any problems... until recently when he bought a new pleco which has now killed off his whole tank except for 2 remaining fish. It's maybe coincidence but I think I'm going to try buying from a local fish breeder/seller rather than a LFS in future. So if anyone knows anyone who sells online or ebay etc please let me know.

Cheers.

i discovered a maidenhead aquatics outlet in coatbridge.. impressive

There's a no bad shop beside terry's tattoo's at the tron-gate, its got a bit of a bad rep for some reason but its got pretty good priced fish and a good selection too. I'v got a good few fish from there over the years and all fine.

theres about 3 or 4 shops along paisley road west in glasgow, i like waterworld & the Aquarium Design Centre, my mate uses the coral reef aswell regularly and hes never had any complaints, might have been a dodgy batch? theres also M & R Dogfish this shop can be ok but theres not a huge seection of fish

I use dobbies garden world in Stirling. They have a vast range of tropical and marine. I have bought my 3 hi fin platy from there and they are fine.
I used Pets at home in Cumbernauld - got my 3 normal platy from there and they are fine, but got my platinum tetras from there when I first got the tank and 3 died but 3 are still with me.
That place in Falkirk "the aquarium" is a bit debatable. Sometimes the fish are fine, sometimes not. I bought 10 neons from him I was left with 4 in 24 hours. They are still with me.
The tiger barbs I bought from him when I first got the bigger tank all died within 24 hours, same with the phantom tetras. It just depends. He had one bronze cory boy and I took him and he's still with me-very active and massive now!
He never asks about the tank and always tries to get you to buy more and more at the one time. His boy sometimes gets the fish too, a few times he drops them on the floor picks them up with his hands and puts them back in. Great selection of fish though :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back