Any forager’s on this forum???

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Mrs is totally into mushrooms… been to many classes, has lots pf reference books… I can find and identify a few… this was on a stump 10 feet from m tilapia tanks… got a folding chair here, and it hasn’t gotten mowed the last couple times ) we’re n a drought right now… I as going to move the he chair, and hit this spot with the mower today, I looked down and found these ( gold oyster mushrooms ) we’ve never had them on the farm before…

Funny thing is I bought Mrs a Mella mushroom fruiting chamber for Christmas this year, and gold oysters are one of the mushrooms she grew in the house…

It’s getting to be mushroom season around here, which they will likely be a poor harvest with the drought… but these looked perfect…

Attachments

• IMG_4119.jpeg
    IMG_4119.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 13
Oh! Maybe you can tell me what these shrooms are. There’s a whole bunch in my yard, on the border of the forest, somewhat near my pond
4A11EC15-CF35-4B1F-A3BE-562ECF46BB1A.jpeg

We have mushrooms around here but if you eat them, you fall over and die, or trip out for a day or two.

If you have mushrooms growing on rotting timber, you can water them each day to extend the growing season. Keeping them in the shade helps too.

At Juice… there is a possibility that’s it’s an edible… but she would need more info, like what area of the world do you live, and maybe a couple more pics… that picture they look pretty old, and cracked, so the color might not be right for it as a prime edible… I don’t recommend eating it, until it’s positively identified… but it kinda looks like it could be common name coincidentally “lobster” mushroom

At Juice… there is a possibility that’s it’s an edible… but she would need more info, like what area of the world do you live, and maybe a couple more pics… that picture they look pretty old, and cracked, so the color might not be right for it as a prime edible… I don’t recommend eating it, until it’s positively identified… but it kinda looks like it could be common name coincidentally “lobster” mushroom
Western Washington state! I can get some more photos later today probably.

I definitely wasn’t planning on eating it, but I thought they looked cool and was curious!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back