Another new tank coming

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
The guy I bought my 1st tank off, died about a month ago and his widow has offered me his other Juwel tank. He had been ill so he got rid of 1 tank which I had but kept one and she has decided that she now needs to get rid of the tank and it's fish.

I've also just got another tank which I am cycling the filter for at the moment, so by the end of the month I will have 3 tanks running. I only got my 1st one about 3 months ago :crazy:

I'm just rearranging the spare bedroom (boxroom) to become a fish & computer room with my computers, fish tanks and a sofa bed B) :D :cool:

This fishkeeping is snowballing now, everyone I know is telling me of tanks that people don't want and I don't like the thought of them being chucked. Another mate only has one loach left and has offered me his 3ft tank when it dies, I hope it lives a while yet.

Arfie

Man I wish I was in you situation. :p

You know what? You're right it is a nice problem and I do love it. :D

I'm just a bit scared as to where this wil end up :crazy: , I'll be in the box room and my fish will have my nice big bedroom :)

I will post what fish are included when I know, but it sounds very overstocked. My mate has seen it as he used to work with the guy and he thinks theres a small clown loach :crazy: some sort of pl*co :crazy: and dicuss and the widow told him there's about 50, yes FIFTY fish in total, it's only about a 10 gallon (UK) tank. I'm really hoping theres some bad counting and poor identification in there, or its not a Rekord 60 and is a bigger tank.

Arfie

I know how your feeling I can stop I started with one not so long ago then had to get an upgrade and now I'm currently at 6.

Well i recently got a leak in my 12GL and i rushed to get a new one (27GL) and my parents aren't happy. i wish i could get more tanks but they're expensive if u have some spare tanks i'll be happy to take them off u.

I have no idea y ur complaining about it, I would be the happest person alive if i got so many tank offers.

what you planing on putting in those tanks?

I WAS going to move my cory's into the empty one and maybe get some balloon mollies or guppies or something along those lines, but who knows I could end up with Barbs or danio's instead.

If the stock in the other tank I'm having is correct though I'll be splitting them up and moving some into the empty tank and will have to get rid of some like the clown loach.

I spoke to the guy with the 3ft tank yesterday, not spoke about the tanks for about a month and it seems that his kids have been stopping with him over the summer holidays and they re-stocked his tank which he is not happy about as he no longer wants to keep fish. He can't/wont get rid of the fish though as they are the kids and they would be very upset when they visit in the next holidays, so fortunately I'm not having that one anytime soon.

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back