Anemone Identification

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kharizmarae

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchase a (Large) Feather Duster Worm, and a small anemone. I can't find any care information for either on the internet, and for that matter, I can't even figure out what my anemone is. How should I be caring for a Feather Duster Worm? My anemone looks to me like a tiny mat anemone of some sort. Do they start out real small? He's only about the size of a quarter. He seems to eat well, he won't suck food in, but seems to just suck on it, and let go when he's done.
Another question, we have a pink-tipped anemone already, does it mean anything when they stay balled up and don't come out, or what does it mean when their tentacles turn a bluish color and stay shriveled for a while? Does this mean they are dead or dying, if not, how can I tell if they are dying or dead?? Thank you in advance for the help!
~Kristi & Chad

just go back to ur dealer take the receipt and ask. or it might say on the receipt .

The store did not even know. They sold it to me for 11 dollars, but could not tell me what it was.

I wouldn't use that store again... I'm not sure about the anemone but it doesnt sound too good. As for the feather duster worm - I don't feed mine as such. They eat "gubbins" as far as I am aware. Think they're plankton feeders. If not mine might be eating the brine shrimp without me knowing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back