An Open Challenge To Ianho -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, nobody is interested in seeing this done? I guess that indicates those who used to say that the bottled bacteria from Tetra of DrTim's can not or does not work as "advertised" no longer think this is the case. Should I assume you folks now believe it does work and that it can and does last 6-12 months in the bottle when handled properly?

Does this mean there is now no need for a more detailed discussion of how and why the bacteria can and do survive adverse conditions for extended periods?

If so we can take up the next topic- why it is not normally good to be dosing 4-5 ppm of ammonia during fishless cycling. Why it is better to dose 1-3 ppm and why 1-2 is usually best.

"Does this mean there is now no need for a more detailed discussion of how and why the bacteria can and do survive adverse conditions for extended periods?"

What it means is that I have other things to do with my time. As it is I spend several hours on this forum each day just doing routine MOD functions. I have to find time after that to further research the bottled nostrums. I have not had that time for at least a week.

Did you do it TTA?

If not I'd suggest that you use 1 of the tanks as a control and not add any OaO but still add the ammonia source. Otherwise it could just be that Dr Tim has found a particularly efficient way of cycling tanks without the need to add a supplement.

Edit: Ideally you'd add the same quantity of whatever buffer solution is used in OaO but I don't know if it tells you what that is or if it would be possible to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back