Ammonia??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wcked

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can anyone drop a link from Amazon U.K. To get some ammonia I'm not sure exactly what I need as I imagine cleaners contain other crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon 500ml Kleen off Ammonia

Many members have used this household ammonia successfully for fishless cycles, its basically ammonia hydroxide (ammonia & water only), at 9.5% strength.

Amazon Dr Tim's Ammonium Chloride

Again, members have used Dr Tim's ammonium chloride with success, though the dosages may differ from the Kleen Off ammoina, so you do need to read and follow the bottle label carefully.

eBay concentrated aquarium ammonia

This is what I have used in the past with no problems at all, though you only need tiny dosage amounts of this ammonia since its highly concentrated at 35% ammonia strength so do be careful with dosages, a 1ml syringe is ideal for measuring accurate dosages btw.
(do note seller is not processing orders for these at the moment, until 23rd Jan 2017, but you can put on watchlist or something if you're patient)

Basically what you are looking for is any ammonia product that only has water mixed with ammonia (ammonia hydroxide), pure ammonia is far too strong and certainly not recommended, strength usually at 9.5% for most household cleaners. Make sure there is NO added chemicals of any kind.

A small tip, if you shake the bottle and lots of bubbles/froth occurs then don't use, if only a small amount of bubbles/froth and dissipates quickly then that should be fine to use. And lastly, don't smell too strongly of whichever ammonia bottle you get, its pretty heady stuff and can cause nausea etc.

Hope that helps in your quest :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Top one bought prime ftw! Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back