ammonia advice...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

oMIKEo

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive just added 4 neon tetras in my 10G tank, i only had 1 neon in there to start with as the other 3 died due to a heating problem.

I have just tested the water, the ammonia and PH levels are a bit high so am wanting some advice.

The ammonia level is between the 0.8 and 1.2 mg/l scale and the PH is about 8.0.

What can i do to stable these out a bit?

Cheers, Mike

Just increase the amount of water changes you do, take out 20% of water and replace it with fresh adequetely dechlorinated/water conditioned tap water once every 2 days and the ammonia should disapear-don't buy anymore fish though until the cycle is completed.

How long has the tank been set up, and can you list your fish which type, and how many please.

Wilder said:
How long has the tank been set up, and can you list your fish which type, and how many please.
Ive had the tank set up for about 4 weeks, the first 2 weeks there were no fish in there as it was cycling and then i added 4 Neon Tetras - 3 of those died (heating problem).

Yesterday i added another 4 Noen Tetras to my tank, so in total i now have 5 Neon tetras :)

Neons tetra was a bad choice for a new tank, as they really need a mature tank of 6 months, as they are fragile to bad water quality, i would recommend some water changes to fetch the ammonia levels down, you might have to be prepared that they might not make it.

My mom cycled her tank with platies and they are still alive today. Just an idea.

Most reactions

Back